I am obsessed.
With acai bowls.
My obsession started when I first visited The Bee in West Palm Beach in October. I quickly became hooked and still crave the amazing acai bowl I had there.
Baltimore has a lot of healthy food options but the one thing this city lacks is acai bowls. There’s one juice bar on the other side of the city that has them and I have yet to make it over there. Because of that and since I won’t be making my way back to West Palm, I’ve started trying to create my own. It’s essentially a smoothie with an extra ingredient and endless toppings options. I buy the Sambazon packets from Whole Foods and while a pack of four is $8, that’s less than the cost of ONE (in my limited experience) so I think it’s a good deal.
Since I love green smoothies so much, I took it a step further and added spinach to mine. You can’t taste it at all and it makes it even more of a superfood. Win, win!
- 1 Acai packet (I use Sambazon)
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 cup almond milk (I used Silk Vanilla)
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- Toppings: A sliced banana, peanut butter, granola, strawberries, coconut, chia seeds – the possibilities are endless!
- Run acai packet under water for 5-10 seconds.
- Empty acai packet into blender and top with frozen berries and almond milk.
- Blend until smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and more milk, if necessary.
- Blend until spinach is completely chopped, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and add your toppings.
Once the weather gets a little bit warmer, I think this will be a breakfast staple around here. Let me know if you try it!