I feel like the pumpkin craze this year hasn’t been too ridiculous. So, I have one more pumpkin recipe and a little bit of a breakfast hack for you too!
Overnight oats are one of my favorite breakfasts. I make them all the time and love how versatile they are. Most of the time I eat them PB&J style but when fall comes around I tend to switch to pumpkin overnight oats. It’s one of the few breakfasts that can keep me full for hours which is saying something because I’m usually hungry an hour after breakfast.
I typically make overnight oats with chia seeds but when I received a bag of Hemp Hearts from Manitbo Harvest to try, I wanted to see if hemp hearts could replace the chia. I had the opportunity to work on this campaign last year and absolutely loved Hemp Hearts mixed into yogurt bowls and on smoothies, so I figured it would be a safe bet.
And I was right! I love hemp hearts because of their nutty taste and they were the perfect addition to pumpkin overnight oats. The extra protein and fiber from the hemp hearts helped keep me full for hours! I was a little hesitant because chia seeds thicken oats so well, but that was no problem. They helped add the perfect thickness that I love in overnight oats. The pumpkin and nutty taste complemented each other perfectly and this breakfast was incredible.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats with Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice Almond Nog (Or Almond Milk)
- 1 TBSP hemp hearts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1 TBSP peanut butter
- In a small bowl or mug, mix oats, pumpkin pumpkin nog and vanilla.
- Stir in hemp hearts and cover. Refrigerate overnight, or at least for 30 minutes.
- In the morning, stir and add toppings. I typically slice a banana and add cinnamon & nut butter, but cinnamon apples would be great with this as well!
And I’m giving a bag away so you can have a chance to make your own recipe with them! To enter for a chance to win:
- Follow @ManitobaHarvest on Twitter
- Follow @ManitobaHarvest on Instagram
- Tweet about the giveaway using@ManitobaHarvest #hemphearts @FitApproach #sweatpink
Be sure to comment below for each entry. Giveaway ends in one week on 11/14!
One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Manitoba Harvest through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.