Good morning! More importantly, Happy Friday! Today is my last day of work for 2013 since Nick and I leave for Maryland tonight for 10 days. Ten glorious days off of work…I can’t even tell you the last time that happened. Oh, probably because it’s never happened! I’ve seen Clare’s Five Things Friday link-up around blog world lately and wanted to join in because I feel like I always have so much to say by the end of the week.
Five Things This Week:
1) Orlando in December. Being from the Northeast, I’m used to freezing cold winters full of snow, slushy ice and lots of gray skies. Not here! Last night it was absolutely beautiful so I went for a 4 mile run around the lake. It’ may be my last outdoor run of 2013 since I won’t be back to Florida until the 30th, but it was definitely a good way to close out the year!
2) Cookie baking. Last night was just the start of my cookie baking extravaganza. I made 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies and 4 dozen cake mix cookie bars for my coworkers. I also have major plans with my mom to bake our little hearts out on Monday. I LOVE to bake and miss having the opportunity to do it as much as I used to. ‘Tis the season!
3) Tonight’s Ugly Sweater Party. As soon as we land tonight, our friends Austin and Evan are picking up Nick, me, and our friend Ryan and we are all going to my friend Michaela’s house for an ugly sweater party. This is our second annual party, and I can’t wait to see my friends tonight!
4) Christmas spirit! This time of year is magical and people just seem to be in a happier mood. From the checkout people at Target to the random people in the elevator, everyone just seems happier and that makes me happy too.
5) This picture from my company holiday party. We got the pictures back this week from our company holiday party a few weeks ago and I have to say, this is the most accurate representation of me. You can always find me goofing off out on the dance floor, initiating dance-offs and laughing my butt off. Oh, and I won this one. 🙂