The best thing about the 4th of July falling on a Friday means a long weekend. I took the day off of work, but for those of you who didn’t, at least it’s your Friday!
With that said, let’s jump to Thinking Out Loud Thursday! Thanks Amanda, for hosting this fun link-up!
1) I’ve been so productive today and it’s not even 10 am yet. I continued my streak of morning workouts and went to the gym early this morning, came home, walked Bentley, made breakfast, checked my emails, followed up on a few work things that needed to get done, and now I’m watching Live With Kelly & Michael while I wait for Becca to wake up. Whoohooo for vacation days!
2) We’re going to Jacksonville Beach tonight once Nick gets home from work. Becca and I are planning to make some snacks, dips and drinks to take for our cookout tomorrow but I can’t settle on anything. I’ve been on Pinterest since I got home from the gym this morning and I still can’t figure out what I want to make. As much as I love Pinterest, it can get so overwhelming and make you very indecisive.
3) I’m so, so happy that we aren’t in the line of the hurricane this weekend. I do feel bad for all of our friends up north who had plans for the beach this weekend since it looks like the weather is going to be pretty bad, but I’m really happy it didn’t ruin any of our plans!
4) I’ve been hooked on yogurt/banana/peanut butter/honey bowls for breakfast lately. After I got back from the gym this morning, I walked Bentley and it was all I could think about. I feel like I go through cycles where I fall in love with one thing (green smoothies, overnight oats, etc) and then move on to the next one. Anyone else currently loving yogurt bowls for breakfast?
5) This quote is very relevant to my life lately. There are a lot of things going on that I will be writing about, probably sometime next week.
6) I’m really excited for the next year. Becca and one of our good friends, Connie, just moved to Nashville and one of our other really good friends, Kara, is about to move to Denver. We’ve started planning group trips to each city and I’m so excited! Usually everyone comes down here to visit us and I’m more than ready to take some trips and explore some new cities. Becca, Nick and I were talking about them last night and it all started to get real. I love to travel!
7) Have you ever tried grilling romaine for your salad? My mom first taught me this a few years ago and I haven’t done it in a long time. I made dinner for the three of us on Tuesday night and decided to give it a whirl. I don’t know why I’ve waited so long to do this! It’s super easy, doesn’t take long and is delicious. I topped my salad with poppyseed dressing but I think it would be good with just about any kind of dressing. It’s the perfect summer salad method!
Okay, off to the grocery store. This indecisive girl has got to make up her mind and the only way that’s going to happen is by forcing myself to get to the store and make decisions!